Category: Agriculture Products/Services
Location: South Hero, Vermont
Deadline: April 1st, 2022
We are looking for an experienced and detail-oriented person to manage Sunset Lake CBD’s hemp farm. The farm is 30 acres in South Hero, VT. This position will be responsible for managing field preparation, plant germination, transplanting, maintenance, scheduling,
record keeping and harvesting of 12 cultivars of boutique hemp flower. The Farm Manager will work primarily with the Executive Director to learn farm best practices, but will also manage small teams to accomplish large tasks. This is a full-time seasonal position, running May 15th, 2022 through December 1st, 2022.
● Field preparation (laying beds, laying irrigation lines)
● Plant germination (sowing seeds, watering and nurturing seeds, transplanting)
● Field Maintenance (mowing the field, pest scouting, weed management)
● Harvesting (cutting ripe hemp buds, hanging buds for drying, breaking buds off stems)
● Scheduling (planning harvest schedule, scheduling 8-10 person harvest crews)
● Record-keeping (recording plant growth, pest presence, and IPM treatments)
● Risk Mitigation (taking preventative measures to reduce incidents of mold, pests, or
● Previous agricultural experience. General farm hand experience is welcomed however
previous managerial experience is preferred.
● Understanding of hemp and/or cannabis growing best practices.
● Strong organizational and record-keeping skills
● Excellent communication skills
● Previous experience operating farm machinery. (Ex. Small Tractors, Rototillers,
Mowers, Transplanters, Sprayers)
● Quick learner with a keen sense of observation
● Ability to lift 50 pounds and perform repetitive tasks
● Experience managing people and budgets
● Reliable transportation
● Familiarity with integrated pest management (IPM)
● Experience with greenhouse design, management, and repair
● Carpentry skills
● Botanical Experience
40hrs/week. Typically Mon-Fri. With the following exceptions:
May 25th – June 15th (germination & bed laying season)
Mon – Saturday 40hrs/Week
September 15th – November 1st (harvest season) Mon – Friday 50hrs/Week. Harvest hours over 40hrs/week will be eligible for 1.5x overtime pay.
5 Days PTO
To apply, please send a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1st. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors protected by law.